Technical Product Manager
PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world's first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We're a young, fast growing business with every major agency group and great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We've won coveted 'Marketing Technology Company of the Year' awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
We're a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most - creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
We are looking for a superstar technical Product Manager to join our data and analytics team responsible for managing and further developing the data collection and processing platform that underpins our Attention Intelligence Platform. You’ll be working on our Attention Measurement Tag and the processes which take these signals and turn them into actionable services using complex data pipelines. This is a unique opportunity to work on a ground-breaking, world-first product with the potential to have lasting impact on the industry.
The role will involve heavy collaboration and problem solving with our Lead Architect and Head of Data Strategy, as well as a heavy focus on product delivery. There will be plenty of opportunities for growth in this role!
What you'll be doing
- Managing delivery cycles and ensuring the team is engaged, empowered and all moving to the same beat.
- Formulating experiments to quickly test hypotheses and validate the product.
- Maintain system quality through automated and manual testing strategies.
- Defining and iterating on your product through continuous product discovery and validation
- Owning the backlog and ensuring the team’s priorities reflect the outcomes needed to drive our business into the future.
- Solving complex technical, design and process problems.
- Working closely with the Lead Architect and Head of Data Strategy to translate strategic objectives into actionable deliverables.
Who you are
- At least 3+ years experience in product management, with an outstanding track record of delivering world-class data products.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and an ability to create alignment in times of uncertainty.
- Extensive experience using agile software development practices.
- An a-class communicator with a deep bag of tricks for conveying complex concepts and thinking.
- An expert problem solver and collaborator who loves navigating through uncertainty to discover smart and innovative solutions.
- Strong in product delivery and able to balance speed and quality.
- You LOVE data - especially when it helps guide your decision making process. Additionally, you understand how to best use it to test ideas and to validate hypotheses.
- Technically savvy with an understanding of end to end data pipelines and cloud data warehousing platforms such as BigQuery, Athena or Snowflake
- You put a focus on building strong working relationships with all of your stakeholders whether they’re technical or business.
- You hold an engineering or computer science related degree.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with machine learning based products.
What we offer
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its 'scale up' phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too
- A competitive salary package.
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter describing why you think this is the right role for you.