Are you someone who had to have the dopest Tumblr, WordPress, Geocities or MySpace when you were a kid?
Are you a creative person who reached a great balance of design, skills and code know-how?
Do you take pride in designing up the elements of a website then going right ahead and making them practically work?
Then we have the role for you!
The day to day for you here is to utilise these skills to develop rich, mobile web ad creatives for top tier brands.
You can see the type of stuff we make here. This is just the public facing stuff.
Behind the scenes you'll be involved in crafting crazy, new, world-first ad formats, creating tech demos for our sales team and contributing to
UX and ideas to our development efforts.
Being the top designer you are, we expect (slash insist) that you have a kickass portfolio that you'll shoot
through to us with a cover letter that's personalised to us in some way to highlight your attention to detail.
You should be able to reverse engineer what's going on on our website, build page and story page to work out what we do,
how you'd fit in and the tools we use.
PLAYGROUND XYZ a young, fun, fast growing advertising tech company.
Our mission is to build scalable, amazing mobile ad formats that work harder and perform better with connections across the
industry serving any big name brand you can think of. With a small but strong team of superstar experts in all their
respective fields we’ve won numerous industry awards from Mumbrella’s marketing tech company of the year, to Deloitte’s fast 50 tech companies.
You’ll find yourself in the Design team, a quirky little outfit consisting of hybrid designers / front-end developers who service
everything from pre-sale to sold campaigns with staff in both AU and the UK with US just around the corner.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Read through briefs placed on our Kanban board by our sales team or producer
- Ideation on idea where necessary to come up with the best solution for the brand you are responding to
- Working to complete briefs through a combination of design and development skills on our studio platform
- Juggling competing deadlines and be cognitive and assertive with prioritisation and communication around timeline feasibilities
- Risk and dependency management skills to anticipate roadblocks and flag them or fix them when necessary.
- Communicate and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Sit in on creative kick-off meetings or brainstorm and offer expert advice.
- Working with our cutting edge Attention tracking technology to determine best creative practice to result in best Attention Time.
- Multitasker able to work under pressure: be comfortable managing and prioritising a range of different projects with multiple design and development requirements with multiple stakeholders, in a calm and methodical way.
- Deep understanding of design: have experience working with the creation of graphical elements (bonus points if it is digital media specific) and have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the field.
- Stakeholder management: translate very technical terminology to non-digital stakeholders.
- Keen eye for detail and understanding of brand: be naturally inclined towards spotting the devil in the details and flag them before they make it to the client desk. Be able to help in decision making about if a design does or does not meet the client branding requirements.
- Experience working in the advertising/media industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Frontend development or relevant field.
- Experience working with REACT, PHP or other server side frameworks
- Proven track record of working in agile teams.
- UX / UI skills
- Killer serve in table tennis.
Please send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter describing why you're the crazy, misfit that fit for this team that will change our status quo to: email@example.com
Open to Australians and permanent residents only.